Login and search boxes not displayed

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Hello,

First of all, many thanks to the team for this good project.

I have installed a new dnn instance (6.1.3) and your skin. When I use blue color skin, login and search boxes (on the top right) are not displayed. It works perfectly with other color.

Do I need to activate something?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Nico

Coordinator
Feb 28, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Hello Nico,

this Skin have the login and search on the blue box right next of the Image Slider!  So the login and search is only on a other place. You can see on my site www.aarsys.de .

Greatings

Matthias

Feb 29, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Hello Matthias,

Thank you for you answer but in fact it doesn’t work with me. I have exactly what you describe with red, orange and green color of your skin but not with blue (it is strange!).

I have tried to reinstall several times dotnetnuke and your skin on 2 different PCs. I have every time the same issue.

On this link you will find screenshots for blue and red color : http://dl.free.fr/d5HTxxk4z
It is the same page (blank one) et I have change the skin but the render is not the same.

Thank you again for your help.

Nico

Coordinator
Feb 29, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Hello Nico,

on a new install I was able to reproduce your issue with the blue Metro7 Skin.  I have to look what happens there and whant then add an issue to the issue tracker and solve it with the next version.

I also located the isse in the index.ascx file.  If you need a fast solution, please add the following lines after <!-- End of JBanner --> :

<div class="SearchCell">
          <h2>Search</h2>
          <div class="SearchCellBG"><dnn:SEARCH runat="server" id="dnnSEARCH" showWeb="False" showSite="False" Submit="&lt;img src=&quot;spacer2.gif&quot; border=&quot;0&quot; hspace=&quot;2&quot; align=&quot;absmiddle&quot;&gt;"/></div>
        </div>
        <!-- End of Search -->
        <div class="LoginRegisterCell ">
         <dnn:LOGIN runat="server" id="dnnLOGIN" cssclass="LoginTokens" /><br />
         <dnn:USER runat="server" id="dnnUSER" cssclass="LoginTokens" />
            <div class="CurrentDateCell"><dnn:CURRENTDATE runat="server" id="dnnCURRENTDATE" cssclass="CurrentDate" /></div>
       </div>
        <!-- End of Login Register -->

</div>
    <!-- End of Banner -->

I will fix this in the next version.

Thanks for reporting this issue!

Matthias

Mar 1, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Hello Matthias,

Thank you very much for your help, it works fine now.

I really love this skin ;-)

Nico